2013 North Fork Craft Beer BBQ & Wine Festival
Unfortunately, due to family obligations, I couldn’t try a lot of the beers. (Must remind clan: No family events on festival days!) But I managed to partake of a few:
1. [**Barrage Brewing**][barrage]: *Bury The Hatchet*, a 5.4% ABV American brown ale. Of course, [I had to try this first][dnuBrown].
2. [**Moustache Brewing**][must]: the 4.7% ABV *Everyman’s Porter*.
3. [**Yonkers Brewing**][yonk]: *Honey Blonde*, a 4.5% ABV golden ale made with Hudson Valley honey.
4. [**Two Roads Brewing Co.**][twor]: *Conntucky Lightnin’*, an 8.5% ABV American strong ale, moonshine-inspired, made with corn grits and aged in bourbon barrels.
5. [**Long Ireland Beer**][longi]: *Plattduetsche Kölsch*, a 5% ABV house *Kölsch* for [**Plattduetsche Park Restaurant**][platt], and *ESB*, a 6% ABV extra special/strong bitter ale.
6. [**Great South Bay**][gsb]: *Field 5*, a 7% ABV golden IPA, and *Starfish Junction*, a 4.9% ABV special-release raspberry blonde ale.
7. [**The Brewers Collective**][tbc]: *Stagweizen*, a 7% ABV weizen-style beer made with cherries soaked in *Red Stag* bourbon.I want to make a special note about **The Brewers Collective**: I raved about the *Stagweizen*, previously, when I tasted it at [the 2013 *Bay Fest*][dnuBisfor]. To my surprise, brewer Brad Kohles brought some more for me at this event. I was so honored. And to my joy, another batch will be brewed again. I can’t wait for everyone to try it, and all their other beers, at future events. Sadly, I had to rush off to my next destination. There were so many beers to try and people to talk to. It was can’t-miss event. Keep this on your calendar, and I’ll see you next year!
*Thank you, Ethan Meyer, for the photographs. Let’s face it, many of mine were awful.*