Ponies and Jiggers
All the news that fit to drink.
* Melba is visiting the [*Long Island Cask Beer Festival*] held by the [**Rocky Point Artisan Brewers**], today. We look forward to her increasingly drunken updates on our [**Facebook** page].
* *Surge Protector IPA,* a beer created by eight Long Island breweries after Hurricane Sandy destroyed **Barrier Brewing Company** in Oceanside, is now [available all over the Island]. The brewers got together and will be donating half the proceeds to Long Island Cares, an umbrella organization that give to many local charities, and half to rebuilding **Barrier Brewing**. It’s for a great cause from a great group of folks.
* Last week, our favorite craft brewer in Redlands, California, **Hanger 24**, released their first beer in their *Local Fields Series,* where they brew their craft beer with additional local flavors. [*Vinaceous*] combines grapes from a local winery with an English old style ale, which is then aged in oak barrels.
* [**Empire State Cellars**] in Riverhead, New York, is welcoming **Breuckelen Distilling**, a local distillery opened in 2009 in Sunset Park, Brooklyn, tonight from 5–7. Meet the owner and taste the spirits.
* The Long Island Beer & Malt Enthusiasts (LIBME) will hold their monthly meeting on Wednesday, February 6th, at 7:30 p.m. at [Hoptron Brewtique], 22 W Main Street, Patchogue, New York.
* **Samuel Adams** has released *New Albion Ale* based on the 1976 recipe by [Jack McAuliffe] that is considered the start of the craft beer renaissance that we’re all enjoying today. It’s available in 6-packs across this great country of ours.
Send tips, events, and any alcohol-related news to [*Fervere*][email], and enjoy every beverage.